We had a fantastic summer camp this year! Check back in winter for details regarding next year’s summer program. If you are on our e-mail list, which you should be if you came to any of our camps this year, then you will get an e-mail once we announce dates and registration opening. If you are new to our camps, add your name to our mailing list here.
Dates and Hours
One week sessions: August 7-11, August 14-18, August 21-25, 2017
Basic Day: 8:30-3:30 with optional extended care: AM: 8:00-8:30 and/or PM: 3:30-6:00 pm. Drop off is flexible in the morning until 9:30a.m. Carpool lists are sent out to families who have opted in, to assist you in coordinating with other families interested in ride sharing.
Our Pre-K camp takes place at Shepherd of the Hills (SOTH) Fellowship Hall at the top of Grizzly Peak Blvd in Berkeley. At SOTH, the indoor space opens up to an outdoor area with a climbing structure and sand box nestled in redwoods. The site is close to our Tilden Meadows Site summer program.
Campers are ages 3-4 and Youth leaders, ages 10-15. We create days balanced with regular options of drawing, blocks and other manipulatives, outdoor play, books, costumes, and bubbles; and new ones like play-dough, smoothie making, sidewalk chalk, painting, and water play. We will repeat activities, so campers can practice and enjoy again! A calm, relaxing environment, where campers direct their days, is of utmost importance to us. We have movement and music daily. At the end of each week, we celebrate with a nature scavenger or treasure hunt at the reservoir.
Fees, Discounts and Financial Aid Info
- Camper: $488/week base rate
- Early Registration Incentive*: $100/week off if registered by Feb 1st, $70/week off by March 1st, $50/week off by May 1st, $20/week off by June 1st – automatically applied in your reg. cart.
- Sibling and Multi-Session Registration Incentive°: Register for 3 weeks or more of any camp program within a family and each registration receives $20 off/week- expires 7/15. Enter special code “MultiMonkeyFun” for each of your children while registering.
- The early registration and sibling/multi week discounts can be combined, but not combined with Chinook book or gift certificates.
* Does not apply to Aug 14-25. Does not apply to CIT or JC sessions.
° Does not apply to CITs or JCs as their fees are already highly discounted.
Extended Care Advance Sign Up: AM: 8:00-8:30 $30/week and PM: 3:30-6:00 $110/week
Extended Care Drop-In Rates (On Site Last Minute): $13/hour; $7/half hour; $4/15 minutes. Office will review sign in sheets and charge your credit card on file after use. Fee determined by rounding up to nearest quarter hour, e.g. 4:54pm sign out will be charged as though pick up was at 5pm or 8:06am drop off will be charged at 8:00am.
- We want our high quality, award winning camp to be accessible to all families, as it makes our camp a better place. We have created various options for folks including flexible “no fee” payment plan options at the online payment page, and financial aid and work exchange available by application. Please apply and refer those in your networks who might not realize about these options.
- It takes a village, so if you have something extra to give to our scholarship fund, round up your tuition on the online registration portal, from $2-$20
Click on the links FAQs and Policies links above for more details: the camp daily schedule, camp size, how to decide whether to enroll in this program or the Tilden Park program, food allergies, carpools, etc.
- Campers will need to be toilet trained. We expect there to be potential accidents, since a new environment, but this means 1-2/week. Each family will be asked to bring in extra clothing.
- Campers bring their own lunch. We provide morning, early afternoon, and later afternoon snack. We are a nut and nut butter free camp, to help keep our campers safe.
- Campers need to be able to handle themselves well in our group of up to 24 campers and with staff: camper ratio of 1:6.
Our staff from diverse backgrounds are nurturing, creative and enthusiastic. They are hired to guide and enrich our programs and foster friendship among campers. All children, returning and new campers alike, are actively welcomed. Click here to see bios and photos, which are updated over the spring and summer, as enrollment develops. We often have multi-lingual staff!
5 Total Spaces/Week
Our Youth Leaders, who range in age from 10-15 years old, provide campers with extra attention, from a ball toss to a hug. Youth Leaders sign up for one, two or three weeks, depending on their schedule and interest. We encourage youth leaders to join us who love playing tag, reading books, joining in imaginary games on the climbing structure, building a marble race and helping kids who need extra care when their parents leave. Parents, please answer yes to the questions below before registering for the Pre-K youth leadership program:
- My child can come to the mandatory afternoon training on Friday, August 4th from 4-5:30pm
- For CIT registration (ages 10-15): My child has shown an interest in helping and playing with younger children, has overall helpful attitude and has shown good ability to assist adults with kids in a recreational or school setting. I will have option to sign up for AM extended care: 8-8:30 and/or PM extended care 3:30-6:00. One Week Session Fees: Basic: $384; AM extended care $0; PM extended care $80. Maximum enrollment of 4 weeks, which we state as some YLs also register for a Tilden program.
- For JC registration (ages 14-15): My child has shown excellent promise in working with young kids, and has a lot of previous experience (which can be at MBC or another place). If not, please register as a CIT. JC shift is 8:30-4:00, and you will have option to sign up for AM extended care 8:00-8:30 and/or PM extended care 4:00-6:00. One Week Session Fees: Basic: $188; AM extended care: $0; PM extended care $30. Maximum enrollment of 6 weeks, which we state, as some YLs also register for a Tilden program.