We had a fantastic summer camp this year! Check back in winter for details regarding next year’s summer program. If you are on our e-mail list, which you should be if you came to any of our camps this year, then you will get an e-mail once we announce dates and registration opening. If you are new to our camps, add your name to our mailing list here.
One week sessions: June 12-Aug 25, 2017
Basic Day: 8:30-3:30 with optional extended care: AM: 8:00-8:30 and/or PM: 3:30-6:00 pm. Drop off is flexible in the morning until 9:50a.m.
Tilden Park, Berkeley: Meadows Site, with swim days at Lake Anza. A large meadow with 5 picnic tables and the stupendous nature of Tilden await us! The site is close to our August Pre-K program for ages 3-4 years at the Shepherd of the Hills (SOTH) Fellowship Hall in Berkeley.
AGES AND ACTIVITIES
Campers are ages 4.5-10 and Youth leaders, ages 11-16.
FEES, DISCOUNTS AND FINANCIAL AID INFO
- $488/week base rate
- Early Registration Incentive*: $100/week off if registered by Feb 1st, $70/week off by March 1st, $50/week off by May 1st, $20/week off by June 1st – automatically applied in your reg. cart.
- Sibling and Multi-Session Registration Incentive°: Register for 3 weeks or more of any camp program within a family and each registration receives $20 off/week – expires 7/15. Enter special code “MultiMonkeyFun” for each of your children while registering.
- The early registration and sibling/multi week discounts can be combined, but not combined with other coupons or gift certificates.
* Does not apply to Aug 7-25. Does not apply to any JC sessions. See bottom of page for CIT discounts.
° Does not apply to CITs or JCs as their fees are already highly discounted.
Extended Care Advance Sign Up: AM: 8:00-8:30 $30/week and PM: 3:30-6:00 $110/week
Extended Care Drop-In Rates (On Site Last Minute): $13/hour; $7/half hour; $4/15 minutes. Office will review sign in sheets and charge your credit card on file after use. Fee determined by rounding up to nearest quarter hour, e.g. 4:54pm sign out will be charged as though pick up was at 5pm or 8:06am drop off will be charged at 8:00am.
- We want our high quality, award winning camp to be accessible to all families, as it makes our camp a better place. We have created various options for folks including flexible “no fee” payment plan options at the online payment page, and financial aid and work exchange available by application. Please apply and refer those in your networks who might not realize about these options.
- It takes a village, so if you have something extra to give to our scholarship fund, round up your tuition on the online registration portal, from $2-$20
Click on FAQs and Policies links above for more details: the camp daily schedule, age groupings and sizes, how to decide whether to enroll in this program or the Pre-K program, food allergies, the staff:camper ratio, carpools, etc.
- Campers bring their own lunch and morning snack. We provide afternoon snack for extended care PM campers. We are a nut and nut butter free camp, to help keep our campers safe.
- Campers need to be able to handle themselves well in our group of up to 51 campers and with staff: camper ratio of 1:9.
Our staff from diverse backgrounds are nurturing, creative and enthusiastic. They are hired to guide and enrich our programs and foster friendship among campers. All children, returning and new campers alike, are actively welcomed. Click here to see bios and photos, which are updated over the spring and summer, as enrollment develops. We often have multi-lingual staff!
YOUTH LEADERS- 8 Total Spaces/Two Week Session
Our Youth Leaders, who range in age from 11-16 years old, provide campers with extra attention, from a ball toss to a hug. All Tilden sessions for youth leaders are two weeks long, except for the last week of summer, which is one week. We encourage youth leaders to join us if they love playing tag and other field games, reading books, helping campers building a lego creation or with playing board games. Parents, please answer yes to the questions below before registering for the Tilden Park Outdoor Summer Camp youth leadership program:
- My child can come to the mandatory training on Thursday, June 1 from 4:30-8:30.
- For CIT registration: My child has shown an interest in helping and playing with younger children, has overall helpful attitude and has shown good ability to assist adults with kids in a recreational or school setting. I will indicate a preferred group (4.5-6 or 7-10) although understand that first choice may not be available. I will have the option to sign up for AM extended care: 8-8:30 and/or PM extended care 3:30-6:00. Two Week Session Fees: Basic: $768; AM extended care $0; PM extended care $160. Maximum enrollment of 4 weeks. Early Registration Specials: $668/2 weeks ($100 off) by Feb 1, 2017; $708/2 weeks ($60 off) by March 1, 2017. Special rates do not apply to August 7-18 or Aug 21-25 sessions.
- For JC registration: My child has been a previous CIT with Monkey Business Camp and received good reviews from the staff (if not, please register for another year as a CIT or contact office to check in about review information). I will indicate a preferred group (4.5-6 or 7-10) although understand that first choice may not be available. I will choose a 7.5 hour basic day shift of either 8:00-3:30 or 10-5:30 and have option to sign up for PM extended care 3:30-6:00. Two Week Session Fees: Basic: $376; PM extended care $60. Maximum enrollment of 6 weeks.